Welcome to the UK and Eire Glaucoma Society website. The Society (UKEGS) is a national scientific society and a non-profit organisation. The aims of this society are:.
- To establish personal contacts and to promote the exchange of knowledge between glaucoma specialists and those involved in the management of glaucoma patients in the UK and Eire.
- To stimulate glaucoma research by bringing together basic scientists and clinicians involved in glaucoma research, thereby establishing a scientific community with similar interests, aims and objectives together with a sense of comradeship and active co-operation.
- To promote an interest in glaucoma as a sub-speciality in trainee ophthalmologists and those in related occupations.
- To keep contact with other glaucoma societies within and outside the two nations.
- To promote, protect and foster the interests and care of people having or at risk of developing glaucoma.
Full details for the Society’s Statutes
Click here to download
The UK and Eire Glaucoma Society holds an annual congress meeting. For details click here.
The UK and Eire Glaucoma Society supports the interests and care of people who have glaucoma or who are at risk of developing glaucoma and are proud to co-badge the NICE Quality Standards for Glaucoma. Click here for more information.
There is no membership fee for the society. If you wish to register as a member, you can do so by clicking here.